- Soft, Stretchy, Breathable fabric.
- Takes up the slack of a loose fitting mask.
- Allows the face mask to hang loosely around the neck.
- Ultra light weight at only 2.9 grams.
- Can be worn in multiple ways (over the head, under/over hair or under the ears).
- Adjustable using delicate Low-Profile Gripper.
- Avoids ear loops from catching on earrings.
- Can be worn with Headphones & Earpieces.
- Works with all masks using ear loops.
- Machine Washable at 30-40 degrees. Re-useable.
- Made in the United Kingdom.
- Dimensions: 260mm x 1mm x 30mm
|URSA Straps use certified OEKO-TEX hypoallergenic fabric and gripper.|
“Got to try the maskie out this week for the first time we had an interview scene for a cop show, 30 page scene 40 min takes filmed over two days. Hands down the most comfortable mask accessory I’ve used. Really helped to keep the pressure off the top off my ears but still pulled the mask around my face making it feel more secure and give me the best protection it can offer.”
“I tried the Maskie as all the face masks I was using pulled on my ears and made them uncomfortable to wear. Using the Maskie means that my face masks all fit, I can keep it around my neck which is convenient when shopping and its easier to put my mask on as I wear glasses and I don’t have to get tangled up with them around my ears. A simple solution for making it easier to use a face mask!
URSA Maskie FAQs
Where can I buy URSA Maskies?
To find your local stockist please visit our global Stockists page
Maskies launched on the 25th September 2020 so manu stockists may not yet have them available to buy from the website. However please enquire as they may have not yet updated their websites to show this new product.
Does the Maskie work on any Face Mask?
Yes! If you face mask has ear loops then it will be compatible with URSA Maskies.
Does it work on small heads or children heads?
The Maskie can tighten up to a minimum width of 10cm and a maximum width of 15cm. This gives lots of flexibility for smaller head sizes. However for children heads we recommend using the URSA Maskie Kids Size. We will be launching this smaller size strap very soon!
How much are URSA Maskies?
Prices for Maskies may vary depending on import duties around the world. In the UK the RRP for an URSA Maskie is £4.95 exc VAT.
Are Maskies Machine Washable & Re-useable?
Yes you can wash & re-use Maskies as many times as you wish. We recommend washing masks every day either in the sink with soap and warm water or in a washing machine with detergent on a setting of 30 to 40 degrees. They can be put in a tumble dryer on a low heat to avoid shrinking the fabric or left to hang dry naturally.
What fabric are Maskies made from?
Maskies are made from our unique bonded fabric which allows breathability, stretch and a surface which attaches to the gripper at any point along the strap. The same fabric is used for our range of URSA Straps used in Film, Television & Theatre productions around the world.
Quick Tips for Covid19 Strap Care
- Connect gripper on straps when washing.
- 40-60ºc short wash – hang to air dry or low heat tumble dry.
- Keep straps and accessories sterile with URSA Zipper Cases